marți, 24 martie 2020

The end of the world

It doesn't even matter if you pass the street on red anymore
No one can run you over now.
I wish I could say this is a nightmare
But it so for everyone else only
For us not
For the outside world I am have no worries,
It's the people that's sick, not the earth
Not the animals, not the trees
Not the skies, not the seas
And I feel that
They know it too.
Can you look me in the eye and tell me
You feel afraid when you watch the news
Don't pretend,
It's not like you watched them for years
And now you are scared for the fate of the world
For people, cities, even so long away, you haven't even met
Or seen
You say you'd wish you'd help them, but you stay inside
Scared to touch
Even from a couple of centimeters away.
You've isolated yourself and you are scared for your own skin
People have never been worse
Now their true faces shows.
Their greed
When they empty roof shelves and leave nothing behind
For the poors not able to hoard so much in their houses.
Their arrogance
When they say only the old will die, and not them.
Their selfishness
When they would not share an ounce of bread that,
In the worst case scenario, would help them last another day.
Let me tell you something
The worst case scenario would be for this earth
To still keep people like that on its face
After all this ends
The worst case scenario would be for the earwigs
To come out after the rain.
I wish the good people of this earth to not be scared anymore
For fear is only for those who live in the darkness
And don't know what light is made of.
We have a cure
It is all around us
Living, even when everything else dies.
It is not believed in by many
But if I would call it by its name
I would say
"Love."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu