duminică, 14 mai 2017

Buttoned blue shirt

There was something about the morning light
That was dressing us that day
There was something about your soft hair
That was sleeping in between my fingers
There was something about your hoarse voice
That was tickling my ears
That hoarse, lovely voice.
It was so silly of me to fall for an embrace
And for sweet, easy promises
Made in the beauty of an instant
It is the dawn to blame
And some magic it brings to heartless beings
Like you.
I should've known better, I say to myself
But no one has ever hold me like that
With hands closed tightly in weak parts of my self
You said you would always hold me like that
Never let my body fall apart
And when you buttoned my shirt that day
The shirt you gave to so many girls
I should've known better,
I say to myself
But instead, I fell for a silly embrace
And some easy promises
Made in the light of dawn.

(You never believed in them.
 So why should I?)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu