miercuri, 20 septembrie 2017

Claw-winged creature

We invented a new sort of talking;
I don't know how we should call it
It was something mixed between a bird and a cat,
A claw-winged creature:
You with your fluffy hair
And me with my sneaky ways
We were something of a kind.
We found each other
And danced between earth and sky
And screamed from the top of our lungs
Our love for each other
That no one could understand
At the last floor of a block
Or in an elevator going down
Taking you away from me.
The last time we saw each other
You didn't scream
Like you used to when you closed the doors
But you waited until I went back inside
Taking care of the little cat
Before the bird took its last flight
Down.
Something died that day
Your wings in the elevator
The voice in my throat
When tears burst into my eyes.
And this is how a whole language dies
When the only two people in the world left to speak it
Don't speak to each other
anymore.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu