joi, 26 octombrie 2017

Oranges and hoarse voices that can't bark

For the first time in years I feel careless
I light my orange candle from Di
Listen to Tom Waits
Light a cigarette
And the cold air from the window
And hoarse voice on the background
Remembers me of a time
In years
I will feel careless
Again
Next to an old man holding my hand
Next to a Christmas tree
With oranges at our feet
And old movies on the TV.
How can you remember the future
At a window on an autumn night
Just by listening to an old song
And smelling a scented candle
From the lady of a man
That broke your heart?
I'll tell you how
You must be named by me
And fallen so far apart
You no longer differentiate people
From magic and dust
There's no goodness, no guilt
Only dogs and lust
I was never able to bark
Now I can finally close my mouth
Stop trying and rest at last.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu