duminică, 12 mai 2019

Baby heart


It’s hard to swallow when you’ve got
Ten thousand words stuck in your throat
It’s worse than choking with fish bones
Because the things that you need to tell him
Are more difficult to the human heart
Than sharp scratches to the skin.
I wish I were a mermaid, really
This way I wouldn’t be judged for my lack of speech
And my insane pleasure of laying hours under water
There is nothing that can calm me more
Except for a warm embrace, and you rocking me at night
When did we lose that?

I feel like a baby when requesting this kind of stuff
But you saw me as a strong baby
And admired me for it.
Others, they don’t. I wish I could find a way out
Of myself, but it is so hard
To look into human eyes and not turn away
Because your mermaid heart
Would flood your face
And scare him away.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu