sâmbătă, 7 decembrie 2019

Band-aids

You lay in the toilet cubicle
Counting the minutes you have left to cry from your break
Is there no one in this place to hear you scream
Is there no one to hold you in their arms
I've just gotten used to stranger hands
And they twisted my fingers to the bone
I tremble as I crash, and my face is black
I don't know if the glitter from my skin is from the toilet seat
Or pouring out of my heart
I have love scattered on the floor
How can I clean it up in 5 minutes until anyone can see
I go to the mirror and stumble in napkins
My eyes look like a graveyard
For all the lovers I've buried there
I try to cover it up with water, it doesn't go away
People can see my death as I go back in the call room
And my voice is breaking
And my skeleton hurts
Why don't you ever learn not to learn
To let a piece of another human in yourself
Haven't you heard it's dangerous by now
Haven't you heard the screams
Your heart makes when it breaks
Don't you know I have no more band-aids
Don't you know I have no more strength. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu