miercuri, 11 decembrie 2019

Hotel

When I first called you, you entered so happily
You booked a room into my heart
I told you that you need no keys
My house is like a hotel, with the rooms empty
You can come in and live with me
But the conditions are poor
We do not have heating,
The floors squeak at night
You will have to bring your own food
Because I barely have enough to feed my own
Cells.
Even though it was formerly a prison
For all the lovers I tried to keep
Now my home has its doors torn from their sides
Except for one
I told you never to open.
When I let you in, I gave you everything
But I told you never to go into in there
You said it was ok, you understand
You have enough already
You are more than happy and don't want this to end.
The days passed and, as I became happy
You became sad
You started asking about the locked door in my house
That I've been keeping away
As I became safe
You became angry
You accused me of the cold
All of a sudden I wasn't giving you enough
The house was too empty
And I was spending too much time on my own.
When I last called you, you were gone
You didn't feel like I was even there, you said
Even though I disagreed, you didn't believe
And as you left, I had no more arms to keep you
For I renounced them long ago
When I had too much love to share.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu